Thursday 5 May 2011

Afternoon Tea

Afternoon tea has again become very fashionable, there are loads of lovely places to go in Edinburgh. In particular I love eteaket (http://www.eteaket.co.uk/). There are loads of yummy teas and the food is delicious too.

I decided to start baking myself, I have never been a good cook but if I follow a recipe exactly I seem to do OK. Cupcakes are simple to make, I just bought the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book and their cupcake recipe is easy to follow and the sponge is the best I have ever tasted! I also tried to make their Whoopie Pies, I went for the chocolate flavour but they were too thin and sticky like they didn't rise enough. I am not sure where I went wrong, but have ordered a special Whoopie Pie tin from Amazon in the hope that will help! They were yummy none the less and I had to even order some Marshmallow fluff from Amazon for the filling!

Once I have mastered my skills, I plan to host an afternoon tea party for a few friends. I have started collecting pretty china just cause eating cakes and drinking tea without the china is not as fun. Ebay is great for real vintage pieces, by Royal Albert, Sadler and many others. This is very similar to the Sadler teapot I have just ordered.



On the high street there are a lot of lovely vintage-look pieces, I bought this amazing Kirstie Allsopp cake stand from Marks and the teapot is V&A which I bought from John Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment